Big Game Draw Results Coming
By April 30, many big game hunters in Utah will be excited after learning they drew a 2001 Utah big game permit in the state's annual big game draws.

Others will be disappointed because they didn't draw a tag. If they want a general buck deer permit, though, their second chance to obtain one may just be starting.

Draw Results
Everyone who applied for a 2001 Utah big game permit should receive a letter in the mail by April 30, letting them know if they drew.

Beginning at 8 a.m. on April 30, hunters who don't receive a letter in the mail may learn the results by calling the Utah Wildlife Administrative Services office at 1-800-221-0659 or visiting!wildlif.htm on the Internet.

Results of the limited entry, once-in-a-lifetime and Cooperative Wildlife Management Unit permit draw also will be posted at Division of Wildlife Resources offices in Ogden, Salt Lake City, Springville, Vernal, Price and Cedar City; the Lee Kay Center for Hunter Education in Salt Lake City; and the Cache Valley Hunter Education Center in Logan.

Hard copy results of the general buck deer and ML300 elk draw won't be posted. "There will probably be more than 50,000 names on this list," said Judi Tutorow, wildlife licensing coordinator for the Division of Wildlife Resources. "To keep printing costs down, we've decided not to post a hard copy list. Hunters can still view the list, though, by going to our Internet site."

Draw For Remaining Permits
In addition to their draw results letter, applicants also will receive a list of permits not taken in the draw. This list also will be available on the Division's Internet web site and at its six offices.

"I doubt we'll have any limited entry, once-in-a-lifetime, CWMU or ML300 elk permits left over, but some general buck deer permits may still be available," Tutorow said. "Hunters can start applying for these on April 30."

If any general buck deer permits are available, hunters who haven't obtained one can apply for one on-line at the Division's Internet web site ( if they have an American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa credit card.

Hunters who don't have a credit card can apply by mailing an application. Applications can be printed off the Division's Internet site or obtained from hunting and fishing license agents, or Division offices and Hunter Education centers.

The same application form used to apply in the first draw will be used to apply in the second draw.

To be included in the second draw, applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on May 21. Results of the second draw will be posted by June 18.

Those with questions may contact the Utah Wildlife Services Administrative office, their nearest Division of Wildlife Resources office or the Division's Salt Lake City office at (801) 538-4700.

| WH Home | Contact Western | WH Archive |

Copyright © 2000 J & D Outdoor Communications. All rights reserved.