Oregon Options for Military
Military personnel and others who must assist with the current national security response and cannot hunt a controlled or general season big game hunt will have options to retain hunting opportunity, according to Commission direction.

ODFW Director Lindsay Ball will review each case individually. Options may include: obtaining a different tag, receiving a refund for general season tag fees, or receiving a refund for a controlled hunt tag and having preference points reinstated.

Persons requesting a change must make a request in person or in writing, show their military and activation orders, bring a letter from their supervisor, and show proof of application and tag purchase.

Affected hunters have a year to make the request. Hunters with questions should contact the ODFW Wildlife Division, (503) 872-5260.

| WH Home | Contact Western Hunter.com | WH Archive |

Copyright © 2001 J & D Outdoor Communications. All rights reserved.