Questions for Wildlife Agencies

I got my moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goat licenses submitted. When will I get the 'good news' or get my refund check?

The draw should be held the second week in May. With that news, residents will have plenty of time to decide their deer, elk and antelope plans and get applications for those species submitted to the Cheyenne G&F office by 5 p.m. on May 31.


How do I apply for a goat hunt, and when do I apply?

Apply for moose, bighorn sheep, and mountain goat before April 30. You must purchase a hunting license before you can apply for a controlled hunt. The cost is $164.50 for residents or $1514.50 for nonresidents. You may apply for only one species. Applications can be submitted at any license vendor, or by credit card over the phone at 1-800-554-8685, or over the internet at There is an additional fee for credit card charges by phone and over the Internet.

If you are selected, you will receive the necessary permits and tags in the mail by June 10. If not selected, you will receive a refund (minus $6.50) by June 10. Credit card purchases will be refunded to your credit card.

| WH Home | Contact Western | WH Archive |

Copyright © 2002 J & D Outdoor Communications. All rights reserved.